Name:
Location: Kent, United Kingdom

My name is Michelle and I live in Kent, UK. I share my home with my Mr M, three gorgeous daughters (#1,#2 & #3) plus three equally lovely rescue dogs. I have a degree in Fine Art and trained as an art teacher, but now work in a secondary school with children who have speech and language disorders. In my spare time I love to absorb myself in art and crafts. I love to paint, draw, sew, collage, sculpt and do lots of photography. I have an etsy shop where my things can be found and hope you enjoy wandering around my blog. Please don't use my images without permission. Have a wonderful day :D

10/03/2010

Wits End..

Taken by me, on holiday in the Isle of Wight 2008
This weekend has been a strange one. To start with - I am very unhappy at work right now and have been, since returning from the summer holidays. I'm not unhappy with my job itself - in fact, I really enjoy working with the students and seeing their progress. But I am seriously struggling with someone I work with who has (using her natural ability to be horrible) succeeded soaking my working day in an energy that is full of negativity, misery and nastiness. This woman drains me.
In an attempt to shake off the 'work' feeling - we went to London yesterday as I'd seen a Vintage Fair advertised at The Bloomsbury Lanes. As I got ready, I had imagined how wonderful it would be, full of vintage antiques, jewellery, household items and baskets of fabric remnants. We scurried off to catch our train and eventually got there, full of anticipation. Well.. It was a wonderful fair, if you want to buy beautiful vintage clothes and shoes - alas, it was nothing like the loveliness of fairs like these here .
We came home empty handed, on possibly the busiest tube journey I have ever experienced and I reflected later that if ever there were messages from the Universe to hint to me that I am growing less fond of London, then this message was one of them.
I'll leave it there I think. And promise to be positive in my next post. But for now.. I'm residing at Wits End.
Love from Grumpy Miserable Vintage Loving Me xxx
PS: Blogger is having one of its annoying moments and not letting me put in proper paragraphs.. so apologies for the scrunched up writing!

2 Comments:

Blogger Hesta Nesta said...

Hi Michelle
So sorry to hear about your work problems. I remember working at a nursing home many years ago and having a similar situation. I couldn't say anything as I would have ended up losing my job and I couldn't afford to. I really don't know why people, especially women, have to be like this, I cannot understand what satisfaction they get from making other peoples lives miserable!! Try and stay positive I know it is hard, but just imagine this woman on the toilet the next time she is horrible to you, I am sure that will conjure up all sorts of hilarious images. To try and take your mind off it would you like to answer some questions? Loo from Jumbles and Pom Poms tagged me and apparently I have to tag four others. You don't have to if you don't want to, just a bit of fun!! See my latest post for the questions. Hope you feel better soon. If I lived near you I would come and sort her out for you :)
Jo xx

10/16/2010 09:31:00 am  
Blogger LittleWren said...

Jo... I just roared laughing at your comments.. I often tell my girls to imagine people who've upset them, sitting on the toilet too!!!! You are me seem to think in a very similar way sometimes!!!! Would LOVE to answer some questions.. will go and look at your blog xxxx thanks for that!

10/17/2010 07:20:00 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home